IVF Preceptor Course - 3/6 Months
The primary objective of this training program is to train the candidate in the field of reproductive medicine, endocrinology, endoscopy, and allied sciences. At the end of the course, the candidate would be clinically competent to treat infertile couples with the utmost understanding and skills in modern assisted conception methods, including IVF, reproductive endocrinology, and fertility-enhancing surgeries.
The candidate shall be eligible for admission into the Preceptor Course only if he/she
• is a Citizen of India
• has an MBBS Degree from a University established by law in India as recognized by the MCI
• holds M.D. / M.S. (or its equivalent recognized degree) in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from a University established by law in India and recognized by the MCI or any other University recognized by the Medical Council of India and declared as equivalent
• has DGO/DNB
Note: Post application, an entrance examination will be conducted by GGIRHR, followed by an interview with the medical director.
• Equips with sufficient knowledge to start all IVF/IUI stimulations and perform infertility scans
• Gives the confidence to design all treatment protocols and diagnose all infertility problems
• Provides extensive hands-on experience with egg pick-ups, embryo transfers, and other procedures
• Imparts thorough knowledge of embryology lab and protocols and medico-legal aspects
• Offers a platform to observe TESA/PESA/Micro TESE
Course exit examination is a two-stage examination comprising theory and practical examinations.
Part 1. Theory Examination:
1. Theory examination comprises one paper with a maximum mark of 100
2. There will be six short notes of 10 marks each and two long notes of 20 marks each in the theory paper
3. Maximum time permitted is 3 hours
Part 2. Practical Examination:
1. Maximum marks: 100
2. Comprises Practical of 50 marks which has one long case presentation of 20 marks, one short case presentation of 10 marks, and 20 marks
3. Viva-voce for 50 marks
The candidate has to score a minimum of 50% in aggregate, i.e., 100 out of 200 marks (Theory & Practical) in the Exit Exam to certify upon successful completion.
Duration: 3 Months / 6 Months Qualification: MD/MS-OBG, DGO/DNB Fee: ₹ 5,00,000 (3 Months) / ₹7,50,000 (6 Months)